Monday, March 8, 2021

Happy International Women's Day!



Will I be celebrating female accomplishment in the middle of a pandemic, while locked in my house with nothing but lashings of red wine to sustain me?

Have we met?

I snagged a ticket for Tricky Women Animation Festival, an online international festival of short works by women filmmakers. One credit gives you access to one program and the one I'm going to see is Exploring Realities: Animated Documentaries on Friday, March 12 (must-not-be-missed: Catcalls).

There is a whole slate of programs available. Buy a little or buy a lot. I paid a little over six bucks Canadian for nine shorts and a discussion after. And if I can't make the Friday date, I can watch up to 48 hours later.

For a borderline recluse who wishes she enjoyed going out more, this pandemic is delivering the goods. The silver linings. The introvert's happy place. The comfort of my own home whilst engaging in world wide culture and discussion.

And wine. There will be wine. 

Whatever we do to celebrate this day, I hope we do it with cheer, remembering where we were, where we are, and looking forward to where we are going. 












No comments:

Post a Comment