Saturday, September 2, 2023

A Psychic Paranormal Cozy Mystery Release!

The idea for Sixth and Sensibility came to me way back in May of this year. Like its namesake, Sense and Sensibility, I thought it would be fun to put an impulsive psychic with a skeptical realist and see what happened. 

With murder. And mystery. Because of course. 

The third book in A Gracie and Gideon Mystery is out Tuesday September 5, 2023 on Amazon and in Kindle Unlimited. (Available for preorder now!)

One Vexed Vampire rounds out the trilogy, finishing the first chapter of Gracie Dare's story while leaving the door open for the series to continue at a later date. 

I started the series as a fun writing project for the summer and it was a blast. I'm trying to challenge myself as an author to experiment with new genres. Paranormal mystery is not what I usually read. I don't like books with magic, for example. But a psychic amateur sleuth in a quirky book publishing company with an attractive but cranky book editor? Yep. I can get behind that. 

 

One Vexed Vampire: Sixth and Sensibility 3


Just when I thought I was getting my psychic mojo back, a vampire has to stroll into town.

There is no such thing as vampires. Ghosts? Of course. Vampires? Please. 

Unfortunately, Mortimer Drake didn't get the memo. The long-lost love of Hazel Ripe, one of Arcania Press's authors, stumbles out of the Maine woods claiming he's being hunted by a vampire. He disappeared fifty years ago and has been living as a hermit until he became the prey of a bloodthirsty man with fangs. 

The non-existence of vampires is something my skeptical editor, Gideon Tate and I can agree on. However, my sixth sense informs me loud and clear that something dark is chasing the old hermit. 

Gideon thinks my "gift" is on the fritz until Mortimer's body turns up - bloodless - in an old cemetery. Then dead chickens begin to turn up in Mirror Falls and suspicion falls on sweet Hazel Ripe! If it wasn't for the belladonna growing in her garden or the fact that she's an expert in bloodletting, she might have a chance of clearing her name. 

For once, Gideon is forced to think outside the box and accept my help. Naturally, with my ESP, I'm confident I'll have the job done by sunset. 

With the launch of Hazel's book fast approaching and everything on the line for Arcania Press, I soon discover there is nothing natural about this mystery. 


PREORDER YOUR COPY HERE 


No comments:

Post a Comment