Friday, May 27, 2022

Why Writers Like the Rain

It's raining now. The forecast is rain, baby, rain for days. The enemy to writing is beautiful weather. Warm, balmy days, blue skies, birds singing, people telling you to get outside and enjoy the day - bleh.

It's a guilt sandwich. Go outside and feel guilty that you're not inside getting words down. Stay inside and feel guilty that you're wasting a gorgeous day. 

Rain fixes that. 

I'm currently at work on book five in the St. Ives Book Club Mystery series, The Body in the Ravine, and I'm having a blast. It's due for release on July 12, 2022 barring Acts of God that knock out the power at the eleventh hour. Ontario was pretty badly hit by a major storm on the weekend and many people are still without power. 


This one is a little different for Elliot Marks and the St. Ives Book Club. 

While birdwatching with her group, Veronica Wakefield-Brice discovers a body hanging in the ravine behind her stately Ontario mansion. She is put out that the man chose her ravine in which to kill himself when there are so many other trees in St. Ives. His death is ruled suicide but when Elliot Marks finds a pair of shoes in Rainbow Lake, Veronica finds herself in the middle of the book club's murder-solving hobby. 

---

A few more weeks of crappy weather and I'll be finished. My significant other bought me a new electric lawnmower yesterday. (I am the mower of the lawn in our household) Fortunately the rain prevents me from leaving my desk for a few days yet. 

Hah! Foiled again, you people who want me outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment