Thursday, October 13, 2022

My COVID Baby

Hey there! I finally caught the dreaded COVID-19 after successfully avoiding it for almost three years. Nothing took me out - not flying on a plane, walking the mean streets of Vancouver or plague-ridden grandchildren - hell no! I was felled by my extrovert husband who never saw a party that he didn't want to attend.

During the worst of it, I had one unholy fear that kept me alive: KDP's Pre-Order Rules. If you miss the deadline to upload your book, you're banned for a year from using pre-orders. Now, Kindle Direct Publishing has been flexible about this since the pandemic, but I didn't want to push my luck. 

I wrote Isaac Asimov-style who famously said if he was told he only had a week to live, he'd type faster. Let me tell you, when you read something back that you've written during Covid Brain Fog, it's ... interesting. Suffice to say, I've been revising ever since. 

And then there's the other stuff related to getting a book out. Promotion, marketing, contacting the proofreader - everything had to be pushed back from my original date of October 11 and then pushed again. But I'm not complaining. Thank you, scientists for paying attention in biology when I wouldn't!

 Because I am on the mend.

Fans of the series can pre-order the ebook for $2.99 until November 8 which is its official launch date! After that, A Deadly Case of Blue will be $3.99. Save a buck and get yours now.  (And it is enrolled in Kindle Unlimited as well so those folks can put it on their wish list.)

A Deadly Case of Blue Pre-Order on Amazon!



No comments:

Post a Comment