Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Acts of God

We had some wild weather here in the Gatineau Hills. The storm knocked out the power in some areas for a few days, trees were ripped out by their roots, cell phone reception was down, then the land lines went out.

Life, before we were plugged in.... As long as the power was restored in time for The Borgias, I was happy.

Speaking of Acts of God...

I'm meeting Diane Banks, my amazing agent, for drinks in Toronto at the beginning of September! She's travelling in from London, England on business and is making the time to see me. We're having lunch the next day with Kim McArthur of McArthur and Company, my publisher for THE GREY LADY and ICED UNDER.

When you're a writer, a lunch date with your agent and your publisher is the very definition of heaven on earth. Take a poll. You'll see I have not overstated the title of this blog entry at all.

More Acts of God...

Reading Sophie's World: A Novel about the History of Philosophy by Jostein Gaarder. Breathless.

Listening to Monkeys Under Stars by Lindsay Ferguson. Sublime.

No comments:

Post a Comment