Monday, October 18, 2010

How's the writing going you ask?

Um. Slowly. Thanks for asking.

I have approximately 20 decent pages and the rest is crap--78 pages of crap. Non-writers don't get it. Why would we spend our day writing pages that we'll just throw out later? Why? Why?

How can I explain it? If we don't write the pages that will have to be tossed, we won't get to the story inside. Writing is a boring, painful process and anyone who tells you different is lying.

It's not that the sentences are terrible--they are but they can be fixed later. It's the story, the plot--my reason for living that is bogging me down under this growing pile of slag! So much that is of no use! I'm spinning my wheels, losing confidence that I'll ever know what this book is about.

A walk with the dog is in order.

The answer will come singing through the wilderness and I'll feel fabulous again. For at least one page.

No comments:

Post a Comment