Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm a guest at Mystery Writers Ink!

Jayne Barnard of Mystery Writers Ink invited me to blog about my experience on finding myself published; the highs, the lows, the crawl-under-the-desk days ... and I was happy to oblige her, thinking it cheaper than therapy. Check it out.

Not much writing is getting done this summer. It's too perfect outside to do anything but read and think. The real excitement was at my favourite used book sale. I found a signed copy of P.D. James's CHILDREN OF MEN, a signed copy of Alice Munro's OPEN SECRETS, and a copy, also signed, of Mordecai Richler's BARNEY'S VERSION.

These three writers are among a small clutch of my absolute must-have, read-over-and-over-again authors. To find these books signed was more joy than I could handle without screaming. So I did.

But just when I thought it couldn't get any better ... I found ... wait for it ... a first edition copy of Ernest Hemingway's THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA.

I know. I'm having trouble breathing too.

See? Books will rock your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment